The new Air Chiller System models offer a unique gas flow cooling systems that provide the capability for sub-ambient testing without the use of liquid nitrogen. Available in two models, the ACS-2 and ACS-3, the chillers feature a multi-stage cascading compressor design that is capable of utilizing compressed air (7 bar, 200 l/min) as the cooling medium. The ACS-2 and ACS-3 models permit operation of the FCO at temperatures as low as -55 °C and -100 °C respectively. The chiller systems can help eliminate or reduce liquid nitrogen usage and associated hazards from any laboratory and offers an incredible return on investment.
Features and Benefits
- Great Return On Investment (ROI) – No recurring Liquid Nitrogen cost with estimated payback of 2 to 3 years* (depending on experiment requirements)
- Unlimited supply of Cooling Gas means you never run out during an experiment!
- No liquid nitrogen waste from idle tank boil off.
- Always ready to run sub-ambient tests.
- Eliminates safety concerns:
- No asphyxiant hazard from excessive nitrogen gas
- No moving heavy liquid Nitrogen tanks
- CFC Free
- Provides low temperature cooling to laboratories with limited or no access to LN2.
- Low noise durable compressors.
- Small footprint frees up lab space over liquid Nitrogen alternative.
* ROI calculation based on difference between initial capital outlay of equivalent LN2 option and estimated LN2 usage one 120 Liter tank per week at cost of $125 per tank.