View Rubber Brochure Rubber Accessories Request a Quote
The Rubber Process Analyzer (RPA) is an important tool for developing and controlling the reliable manufacture of elastomers and rubber compounds. The RPA can provide far more information than traditional rubber testing methods such as the MDR or Mooney viscometer. Rheological characterization of rubber materials quantifies their curing properties as well as processability of both compounds and raw material.
Physical and structural properties of the raw polymer including molecular weight, molecular weight distribution, and the degree of long-chain branching are amongst the most influential parameters linked to changes in processing and bulk compound behavior. Leading rubber labs need testing techniques that measure these key parameters, identify differences in polymer architecture, and then link them to processing behavior. This testing information provides production engineers and compounders with invaluable, predictive information regarding the processability of raw polymers and elastomeric compounds, which can be used to efficiently develop solutions to processing problems and execute adjustments to mixing protocols and processing conditions in advance, thereby reducing scrap.
TA Instruments’ Rubber Process Analyzers (RPA) deliver unmatched data repeatability and robust performance that rubber compounders depend on. RPAs are used for quantifying cure curves, Payne effect measurements to ensure thorough filler dispersions, and predicting processability. Automated models are available to improve productivity and keep up with demands of the manufacturing process. The easy to use and integrated Scarabaeus software connects every instrument in your rubber lab and maintains data in a single location, supporting compounding efforts. Experience unmatched data repeatability and data confidence for the widest range of materials on the industry-leading TA RPA.
Rubber Process Analyzers
- Polymer Properties for Compound Formulation: Determining Polymers That Lead to Successful Products
- Techniques for Rubber Compound Processing and Production Success
- Advanced Rheological Measurements Of Polymers & Rubber Compounds
- Rubber Process Analyzer (RPA) for Elastomer and Compound Development and Quality Control
- Using the TA Instruments Rubber Process Analyzer (RPA) to Optimize Mastication
- Using the Large Amplitude Oscillatory Shear (LAOS) Method to Characterize Polymer Long Chain Branching
- Troubleshooting Extrusion Instabilities with
a Rubber Process Analyzer (RPA)
- Characterizing Mixing Stability Differences in Butadiene Rubbers