The FOX 50 Heat Flow Meter is an accurate, easy-to-use instrument for measuring thermal conductivity and provides rapid results in a compact footprint. The instrument is configured with the identical high performance features and proprietary technologies of the larger FOX systems including thin film heat flux transducers, digital thickness measurements, responsive temperature control, plus an integrated contact-resistance correction.
Covering a wide range of temperatures, the FOX 50 is an ideal choice for measurements of medium-conductivity materials such as plastics, ceramics, glasses, composites, concrete and more.
Fox 50 Features
- Compact size and cost-effective system for thermal conductivity measurements
- Solid state heating/cooling for precise temperature control
- Optical encoder for the most accurate digital measurement of sample thickness
- Proprietary thin film heat flux transducers for the most representative sample heat flow measurement
- Optional liquid cell for testing of fluids.
- Powerful WinTherm-50 software for enhanced testing functionality including heat capacity.
- Optional software for specific heat measurements of solids and liquids.
- Interfacial resistance correction (two-thickness method).
- Pyrex reference standards for calibration and verification. Accurate results can be produced for years between calibrations.
- Automatic sample feeder for high-throughput analyses
- Conforms to ASTM C518 and ISO 8301
|Sample Diameter||51mm (2″)|
|Temperature Range||-10° C – 110°C FOX 50
0° C – 190°C FOX 50 VHS
|Temperature Resolution||± 0.01 °C|
|Thermal Conductivity Range||0.1 to 10 W/(mK)
(0.633 to 60.3BTU in/hr ft2 ˚F)
|Thermal Resistance Range||0.003 to 0.05 m2K/W|
|Accuracy, Standard||± 3%|
|Accuracy, (VHS)||± 4%|
|Heat Flux Transducers Area||25 x 25mm (1 sq. in.)|
|Instrument Dimensions||250 mm width, 170 mm depth, 360 mm height|
|Power Requirement||115V or 220V, 50/60 Hz|
FOX50 Automatic Sample Feeder
FOX50 Automatic Sample Feeder
The Automatic Sample Feeder for the FOX50 Series allows to load up to 24 specimens with a thickness of 12.7 mm (1/2″) and 51mm (2″) in diameter for unattended operations. At the end of each run WinTherm 50 software automatically saves the results on a computer. This enables voluminous data to be acquired in a short time yet still in accordance with ASTM C 518 and ISO 8301.
The FOX 50 Vacuum features sealed electronics, water lines, and motor shafts for high vacuum operations. The test chamber can also be back-filled with purge gas, and the test environment can be evacuated while the plates remain open. The plates can then be closed according to a user-defined gap or Auto-Thickness protocol.
FOX 50 Vacuum is available in both the -10°C to 110°C and -10°C to 190°C temperature versions.
10mm Diameter Transducer
10mm Diameter Transducer”
The optional 10mm diameter transducer reduces the active measuring area to a diameter of 10mm, so to test samples of smaller than usual diameter. The 10mm diameter transducer option is available for both FOX 50 110°C and FOX 50 190°C models.