- Extended Stroke Upgrades
- Multi-specimen Fixture (3200 and 3300 only)
- Torsion Upgrade
- Axial Force Upgrade
- Electric Lift Upgrade
- BioDynamic Chamber Upgrade
- TestBench Planar Biaxial Upgrade
Customers who have an earlier version of the ElectroForce® 3200 and LM1 TestBench instruments have the option to upgrade to the new range of displacement available in the ElectroForce ES (Extended Stroke) family. ElectroForce ES systems significantly extend the range of testing capability, delivering high frequency testing with an additional 150 mm displacement for creep and pull-to-failure test protocols in one instrument.
ElectroForce 3200-ES test instrument
The new ElectroForce 3200-ES test instrument combines two electromagnetic linear motor technologies to increase the range of displacement available on the ElectroForce 3200 system. For a 3200 system, the extended stroke electromagnetic motor is mounted in the moving crosshead and opposes the ElectroForce LM1 motor. The ES motor can be used in conjunction with the ElectroForce motor or independently, depending on the application. The upgraded system can be used, for example, for high frequency cyclic creep tests in which the ElectroForce motor would apply a cyclic force to the sample and the ES motor would then compensate for elongation that occurs during the test. When used independently, the ES motor can apply a displacement/force rate controlled test to a pre-specified level or to specimen failure.
ElectroForce LM1-ES TestBench test instrument
In the TestBench configuration, the ES motor can be mounted on a TestBench reaction base and oppose the ElectroForce LM1 powerhead. The ES motor can be used in conjunction with the ElectroForce motor or independently, depending on the application. When used with the LM1 motor, it could be used for high frequency cyclic creep tests in which the LM1 motor would apply a cyclic force to the sample and the ES motor would then compensate for elongation that occurs during the test. When used independently, the ES motor can apply a displacement/force rate controlled test to a pre-specified level or to specimen failure.
The TA Electroforce multi-specimen testing fixture upgrade, available on ElectroForce® 3200 and 3330 test systems, provides fatigue life and failure detection from up to 12 individual load measurements.
- A range of multi-specimen loading sites – 6, 12 or 20 transducer configurations available
- Temperature controlled saline bath
- Can be used for high cycle fatigue life
- Removable multi-specimen fixture and saline bath for single specimen testing
The integrated upgrade includes:
- Multi-specimen fixture
- Mini-beam load cells – load reading and break detection
- Saline bath
- Temperature controller
Available on ElectroForce 3200 and 3330 test systems
The TA Electroforce torsion motor upgrade provides rotation and torque feedback control to ElectroForce® test systems.
- Torsion and rotation feedback control
- Independent torsion and axial control
- Rotation up to 3600 degrees (+/- 10 revolution capability)
- Available torsion capabilities:
– LM1 TestBench – Up to 5.64 N-m
– ElectroForce 3200 – Up to 5.64 N-m
– ElectroForce 3330 – Up to 24 N-m
– ElectroForce 3500 – Up to 49 N-m
– BioDynamic® 5110 – Up to 5.64 N-m
- The torsion upgrade includes torsion actuator, power supply, controller and axial/torsion cell
- Interchangeable torsion motor and micro adjust for simplified axial-only testing on ElectroForce 3200 and LM1 Testbench systems
This option increases the force capabilities for Electroforce® 3220 systems from 225 N to 450 N, and LM1 TestBench systems from 200 N to 400 N, by providing a second ElectroForce LM1 motor in series.
Key Features and Configurations
- For ElectroForce 3220 Upgrade to an ElectroForce 3230 with 450 N of force capacity.This upgrade includes an additional motor, amplifier and 450 N load cell
- For LM1 TestBench Upgrade a 200 N LM1 TestBench to 400 N of force capacity.This upgrade includes an additional motor, amplifier and 400 N load cell
The electric crosshead lift upgrade for ElectroForce® 3300 test systems replaces the pneumatic lifts with an integrated electric solution for positioning the crosshead.
- Electrically-powered design
- Smooth, quiet operation
- Remote-controlled operation using a hand-held pendant
- Variable speed operation allows fine crosshead adjustment
The upgrade includes:
- Replacement frame with lifting screws
- Modular power supply for the axial motor and lift system
This upgrade is only available for ElectroForce 3300 systems
Perform biologic tests that require sterility on your existing ElectroForce® 3200 or LM1 TestBench system using the TA Electroforce BioDynamic® chamber upgrade package. Choose between several different BioDynamic chamber capabilities and accessories based on your particular testing needs.
Key Features and Configurations
Sterile testing capability can be added to the versatile biomaterials and tissue test instruments: the ElectroForce 3200 and TestBench systems. Sterilizable BioDynamic chambers can be mounted on the test frame for the characterization of tissues, biomaterials, and tissue-engineered constructs. Contact us to configure the right BioDynamic chamber accessories for your particular application needs. Examples of the available accessories include:
- Catheter-style pressure transducer – for measuring lumen and/or chamber pressures.
- BioDynamic compression platens
- BioDynamic tissue grips (unique to our BioDynamic product line)
- Low-force grips
- Laser Micrometer – for measuring vascular outer diameters
- Digital video extensometer – for non-contacting strain measurement
- Off-axis pulsatile upgrade – generate pulsatile waveforms to mimic blood flow
- Gear pump
- Single and multi-chamber peristaltic pumps
CO2, O2 and Ph sensor
Add additional individually controlled ElectroForce® motors to an LM1 TestBench to perform simultaneous uniaxial, biaxial or planar biaxial tests.
Key Features and Configurations
- Independent or synchronized ElectroForce motor control
- Available motor configurations:
• 2 motor TestBench – Upgrade includes an additional motor, reaction bracket and
power supply for biaxial testing or two uniaxial testing configurations
• 4 motor Planar Biaxial – Upgrade includes three additional motors, reaction
brackets and power supply for biaxial testing
Available options for planar biaxial testing:
• Saline bath
• Axial force transducers
• Fixtures including hook grips