3-D printing and additive manufacturing are growing segments due to the extreme versatility of the printable materials. The application of such technologies are numerous (rapid prototyping, complex shapes…) and require different materials with different properties.
Thermal analysis can be a valuable tool to evaluate the way a material keeps its internal structure during the extrusion and also the impact of the 3-D printing process in the final material properties.
Topics discussed will be:
- Brief introduction to Thermal analysis technology
- Brief introduction to Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC) and Thermogravimetric Analyzers (TGA)
- Case Study: Thermal behavior at the Extruding temperature
- Case Study: VAT Polymerization
- Case Study: Thermal properties after 3-D printing
About the Speakers
Marco Coletti has a background in Solid State Physics and has been working in the Application Support for TA Instruments for 15 years. His expertise are Rheology and Thermal Analysis. He is based in Italy.
Carlos A. Gracia Fernandez has a background in Physics and two PhD’s in Thermal Analysis and Rheological characterization in polymers and advanced materials. He has more than 45 publications in International journals. He has been working in the Application Support for TA Instruments for 15 years and is based in Spain.