-Field Service Engineer - Switzerland
- Field Service Engineer - Switzerland
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION
• Provides customer support; training, diagnoses and troubleshoots customer problems and distinguishes between technical problems, training and/or application issues. Refers to the appropriate resource in order to resolve outstanding issues.
• Economic use of replacement parts and managing the returns process. Responsible for managing car stock and maintaining their tools so they are clean, functioning, where required calibrated and in good order.
• Repairs, installs, and uses all currently supported instrument models and accessories; calibrates instruments for optimal performance.
• Provides information to customers regarding service products and offerings; effectively sells service products and contracts.
• Responsible for preparing and timely submission of a variety of reports, logs and documentation of service and repair activities.
• Responsible for maintaining up-to-date manuals, service notes, drawings, and other materials needed for effectiveness
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
• Must have a background in field service and/or working within a similar role. A good understanding of electronics is essential.
• Previous experience / knowledge of Rheology, Microcalorimetry or Thermal Analysis or instrumentation is highly desirable.
• Must be able to demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to organize and prioritise work activities, managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively deal with customers and co-workers.
• Ideally a 2-4 year degree in a technical or science related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be computer literate, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft office products. SAP and Sales Logic experience would be beneficial.
• Must be prepared to travel mainly within Germanic region but occasional international travel may be required.
• Must be fluent in the German and English language and any other language abilities are desirable.
For additional information, please contact Wolfgang Kunze at firstname.lastname@example.org